Tuesday 15 March 2016

Illicit - Sierra Rayne

illicit 2.jpg

Cover.jpg


Title: Illicit: A Stepbrother Romance
Author: Sierra Rayne
Release Date: March 15, 2016

{Summary}

Cindy ~
My stepdad, Jim, was an amazing man. Perfect, except with him came his son – the Devil. Life was wonderful until Shane showed up. I’m always in control unless he’s around. He has a way of unraveling me to the point that I’m a twisted mess – just like him. I’ve managed to stay away from Shane most of my adult life, until Mom and Jim’s death. Their last request makes that impossible now. My life will never be the same after this journey with my cocky, arrogant stepbrother.

Shane ~
When Dad married Barbara, life slapped me in the face with Cindy – the princess. She liked to sit on her pedestal and look down on the rest of us. Where I'm easy going, she's a control freak. We’ve spent our whole lives avoiding each other, now we’re forced to spend time together to fulfill our parent’s last request. I was determined to make the best of it for my Dad and Barb. Being near her is even harder than I imagined, because I want her—and it’s driving me mad. This trip could be the most important thing I’ve ever done in my life, it’s what our parents wanted for us . . . but I’m not sure they wanted this.

**Two people on a journey from the heart. Will this change their lives forever or will it completely destroy what little relationship they have left?**


teaser 1.jpg



{Excerpt}
Copyright © 2016 by Sierra Rayne


“Fuck you, asshole. I didn’t come here to be your friend and as for your sarcastic, bullshit comments about the way I look, keep them to your damn self. You made fun of the way I looked enough when we were growing up, I sure as hell don’t have to put up with it now.”
“Princess, I…”
“And stop fucking calling me that. I’ve always hated that shit. I’m not a damn princess. I don’t put myself on a pedestal and look down on people the way you always said I did,” she growls in a low tone as she looks around to make sure no one is watching.
“Wait, Prin…Cindy. Tha..”
“Save it Shane, the bullshits over. We have to make this trip together but we’re not going to accomplish anything this way. I know mom and Jim wanted us to be friends but I will not let you belittle me,” she continues through gritted teeth, then gets up to stomp out of the restaurant.
I leave more than enough money on the table to pay the check and run after her, catching her just outside the door. “What the hell was that all about?” I ask as I grab her arm to slow her down. She yanks free and keeps walking. I decide to shut up because whatever I say, she’s gonna take it wrong. Bitch switch has definitely been flipped.
As we near the door of the hotel, she stumbles and almost eats pavement but I catch her before she does. “Let me go!” she says as she’s trying to regain her footing.
“You got it, Princess,” I say as I lower her to the ground and walk off. As much as I wanted to, I didn’t drop her to the ground. Even I’m not that much of an asshole. This damn sure hasn’t started out well and I’m sure it’s not gonna end well, but what the hell; I’m not doing this for her anyway so I continue on to the room without looking back.


teaser 2.jpg


{Author Bio}

I’m a small town, Kentucky girl. And, before you ask, yes we are all as ornery as you’ve heard….just ask my poor husband. Honestly, I’m married to the most wonderful man you could ever want to meet. Between the two of us, we have 7 children and two grand babies so holidays are always a blast at our house!

I began on this journey as an author in July, 2015 and I’m loving every minute of it! I would have never dreamed I could do something like this, but here I am.

I released my first book on Sept 2, 2015! MAN, that was soooo awesome!! Now I’m living the dream! Writing allows me to express all the thoughts running through my head and share them with others.

On this journey, I have learned something new every day and I have befriended some of the most fantastic people that I have ever met. These folks have become part of my family and I love them dearly.


To all of you, never give up, never stop dreaming and always keep the faith!

Sierra Rayne


{Add Illicit To Your TBR List}


{Author Links}




Cover.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment