The Highland Duke (Highland Lords Novel Book 1)
Date of Publication: March 28, 2017
She'll put her life on the line for him…
When Akira Ayres finds the brawny soldier with a musket ball in his thigh, she has no qualms about doing whatever it takes to save his life. Even if it means fleeing across the country to tend his wounds while the English redcoats are closing in. Though she's never been in battle, Akira is just as fierce and brave as any of her Scottish kinsman. But even she's intimidated by the fearsome, brutally handsome Highlander who won't reveal his clan name.
Yet she can never know his true identity…
Geordie knows if Akira ever finds out he's really the Duke of Gordon, both her life and his will be forfeit in a heartbeat. The only way to keep the lass safe while his enemies are on the hunt is to make sure she's by his side day and night. But the longer he's with her, the harder it becomes to think of ever letting her go. Despite their differences in class, despite the danger, he will face down death itself to make her his.
Fun Facts About The Highland Duke
First of all, huge thanks to eBook Indulgence for hosting me today. I’m so excited to be here!
How many of you read or have read historical romance? Before I became a writer, historical was always my fallback genre. Having a bad day? Read historical romance. Just broke up with my fiancé? Read historical romance. Taking a flight across the country? Read historical romance. Well, that’s how it rolled for me. Now what do I read? Historical Romance!
So, let’s talk fun facts about my new mass market release, THE HIGHLAND DUKE. …and yes, my editor put it perfectly, “the cover smolders”.
*rubs hands and grins* I mean, what’s not smexy about a fallen Scottish Duke…who’s shot in the leg with a musket ball…and is rescued by a bonny raven-haired lass?
The Inside Skinny on THE HIGHLAND DUKE:
- George (Geordie) Gordon is the First Duke of Gordon styled after the actual duke of the same name. Geordie had a reputation for being a bit of a rebel. He was described as being “made for the company of ladies” which was a strong factor in the demise of his first marriage and ultimate scandalous divorce.
- As a duke, Geordie held vast lands and estates and hailed from the region of Aberdeen. The grandest of his castles was Huntly which lies on the confluence of the River Deveron and the River Bogie. Any man in control of this spot commanded the southern as well as western routes.
- All my books have fiction intermixed with fact, and this one is no exception. I visit most of the sites I write about and do as much research as I can before starting a story…and during.
- The heroine, Akira Ayers, is completely fictional, and I took liberties with her character. An interesting fact is that Gypsies (often referred to as tinkers in Scotland) were outlawed by the 1609 Act of the Egyptians because of their thieving and transient reputation. Many of these people melded into society to escape genocide and Akira is from one such family. She supports her mother and younger sisters as a healer. She’s proud and poor and no man’s mistress. I loved writing her character!
- Though I’ve written over 25 novels (not all are published yet), THE HIGHLAND DUKE is my first mass market paperback. I hit the Amazon top 100 bestseller list with e-books, but this is the first go with seeing my books in the stores. I’d absolutely love it if you see the book to post a picture and tag me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram! I’m super excited!
A question from Amy:
Which do you prefer, print books, e-books or a combination of both and why?
A descendant of an ancient Lowland clan, Amazon Bestselling Author Amy Jarecki adores Scotland. Though she now resides in southwest Utah, she received her MBA from Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh. Winner of the prestigious RONE Award, she found her niche in the genre of Scottish historical romance. Amy loves hearing from her readers and can be contacted through her website at www.amyjarecki.com (where you can also sign up for her monthly newsletter).