Tuesday 29 June 2021

My Lucky #13 - Piper Rayne



Lucky.

 

The one adjective used to describe my entire hockey career. I prefer to call it hard work, at least I did until my game went to complete crap. I haven’t scored in eight games and my team owner is talking about trading me.

 

I’ve never believed in superstitions. Never needed one. I suppose I was “lucky” in that way. But now the best way to refer to me is desperate. I’d wear the same socks for an entire year just to be the high-scoring center I used to be.

 

Imagine my surprise when after spending New Year’s Eve with a woman, I score a hat trick in the next game—that’s three goals in one game for you non-hockey lovers. Now, I have to track  her down and bribe her to do it again before every game. Get your mind out of the gutter, I’m not talking about it.

 

I find her and when I get to know her better, I end up spending more time thinking about her than my game, but she’s made it clear she wants no part of me. She’s going to learn that I didn’t become a professional hockey player without having to fight for what I want.

 


https://books2read.com/ml13

 


My Lucky #13 is the first title in the Hockey Hotties series, and a slow burn, friends to lovers, sports romance.  I’ve been looking forward to Aidan’s story since he was featured in A Co-Worker’s Crush.

Aidan is a professional hockey play, who generally doesn’t take much notice of superstitions until he gets into a form slump.  Aidan is nothing like a stereotypical jock, he’s kind, caring, and polite.  Despite his gentlemanly behavior he’s incredibly hard working, determined and driven to succeed.

Saige is a social media expert for professional athletes and has strong feelings regarding dating athletes, especially those she is working with.  She’s strong, resilient and fun.

Saige and Aidan’s story is sweet, sexy, charming, and entertaining with banter that is witty, flirtatious, and fun.  This pair have undeniable chemistry, and both are incredibly endearing.

I thoroughly enjoyed the camaraderie and friendship that Aidan shares with his teammates and look forward to seeing more of them in future additions to this series. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment