Tuesday 18 February 2020

My Bestie's Ex - Piper Rayne








I can’t borrow him.
He’s not a sweater or a skirt.
He’s not even her favorite dress—the lucky one she wears on first dates. The one she probably wore on her first date with him.

In my defense, I didn’t know who he was. To me, he was a cool, calm, confident stranger. He was perfection for the entire hour and a half train ride while the concrete jungle turned into a rolling green landscape.

To an outsider, we probably appeared more friends than hopeful lovers. But my blush came quickly, and his dimples indented with every smile. We definitely shared a spark of what could be. 

Too bad I didn’t know who he was before I fell for him, because he can’t be mine.




Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU  

Amazon DE | Apple | Nook | Kobo | Google Play 





My Bestie’s Ex is the first title in The Rooftop Crew series.  I’m a huge fan of the writing duo of Piper Rayne, and I’ve been eagerly awaiting Blanca’s story since her three older brothers found their happy ever after in the White Collar Brothers series, and what I got was a sweet, sexy, often angsty and fun forbidden romance.

This pair are endearing and captivating.  They are quite different in many ways, but also quite similar and well suited to each other.  Blanca is friendly and openly affectionate and caring, whilst Ethan is more reserved and standoffish and a bit of a loner.   Both are creative, passionate, dedicated and driven.

Their chemistry is undeniable and whilst this title lacks the underlying humour of some of this duo’s previous titles their banter is still fun and flirty, and quite often heartfelt.

In this title readers are introduced to a cast of characters that captured my interest and I look forward to future additions to this series.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment