Thursday 15 October 2020

King of Regret - Jacie Lennon


 One night can change everything.

She’s the one thing he never thought he needed, but now, he’ll do anything to keep her.


King Of Regret, Book Two in the Boys of Almadale Series by Jacie Lennon is now LIVE!





Brock


I’m one of the kings at Almadale Prep.

I’ve always lived without fear of repercussions.

To me, it’s all fun and games … until a ghost from my past makes an appearance.

But now, due to one steamy night, she might be my future.

It’s time to grow up, stop messing around, and make decisions.

I want Peyton, and I will do what it takes to keep her safe …

Even though I put her in harm’s way in the first place.


In my world, I’ve always been a king … but now, I might be brought to my knees.


Peyton


One fight, one ex-boyfriend, one party, one crush.

It only takes one time.

A revenge tryst with Brock turns into two pink lines.

And now, he has the wrath of the Lions Motorcycle Club on his back.

I shouldn’t expect anything from him.

I shouldn’t put my heart on the line.

But when he tells me what I want to hear, I can’t help but believe him.


In my world, wanting a king … might be the thing that kills him.


***King of Regret is a darkish romance. It contains themes that might be uncomfortable for some readers, including violence, blood, and death.***



Add to your TBR - https://bit.ly/2Duezd9







King of Regret is the second title in the Boys of Almadale series featuring Brock.  Brock featured quite prominently in King of Nothing.  He’s one of the three Almadale kings, and twin brother to Bodhi.   I would highly recommend reading this title after King of Nothing, as the elements of this title run concurrently and it will reveal spoilers if read out of order.

King of Regret is an engaging and entertaining read full of twists and turns, and equal parts drama, danger and violence.

Heading into this title I wasn’t entirely sure how I would feel about Brock.  In the previous title he came across as being quite cold, detached and aloof, but he rather than being unemotional he actually feels quite deeply.  He’s incredibly loyal, and protective when it comes to those he holds dear and is very possessive of the woman he wants.

Peyton is intelligent, resilient, driven, determined and witty.  She’s had a difficult upbringing but doesn’t let it hold her back. 

I was intrigued by this title and adored Peyton and Brock, their story was so different to anything I could have expected and it’s left me even more eager for Bohdi’s story next.


No comments:

Post a Comment