Tuesday 6 April 2021

Southern Heart - Natasha Madison

 


Some secrets have a way of coming back and haunting us, no matter how much we try to bury them.

Chelsea
Coming back home was supposed to be normal.
Not that my life had ever been normal, but it was getting there.
Then I opened the door and found a man—broken, bloodied, and fighting for his life.
I don’t know why, but I said I would take care of him. I had to. Needed to.
He was a mystery, showing up from out of nowhere. But he might have already stolen my heart.

Mayson Carey
The only thing I have ever wanted in my entire life was to forget who I was. Joining the military helped me do this.
Keep your head down and glide through life was my new motto. No strings, no relationships. Nothing.
Everything was working until a knock at the door had me face-to-face with the reason I was running.
So I ran—I fell into her arms, and she fell into my heart, but I know better than to think it’ll last.
Some secrets have a way of coming back and haunting us, no matter how much we try to bury them.



Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NRYP1NK

Apple: https://books.apple.com/us/book/id1540850043

Nook: https://bit.ly/3rjjpN6

Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/southern-heart-3



Southern Heart is the fifth title in the Southern Series.  I highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys interconnected standalones with strong themes of family, friendship, love and community.  Chelsea and Mayson’s story had me captivated from beginning to end.  Southern Heart is an emotional story, with moments that are sweet, sexy and passionate it also has its fair share of intrigue, and suspense.

Chelsea is the younger sister of Ethan featured in Southern Sunrise and the daughter of Savannah and Beau who were featured in Southern Storm.  She’s just returned home with a nursing degree, and although she is ready to put it to good use, she didn’t expect to need put her knowledge and skills to the test quite so soon.   Chelsea is a strong, intelligent, fierce, sassy and brave heroine who isn’t afraid to put herself out there and you can’t help but love.

Mason has his fair share of demons, having survived a nightmare of a childhood and then joining the military.  He’s a loner by necessity, doing his best to avoid his past.  Although he’s a charming, strong alpha he’s also quite vulnerable.

The connection between this pair is passionate and their chemistry is undeniable.   I grow to love this group more and more with each addition to the series and look forward to the rest of this generation finding their happy ever after. 


No comments:

Post a Comment