Wednesday 21 April 2021

The Faker - Gina Azzi

 



NHL hotshot Torsten Hansen is a lot of things. My husband shouldn't be one of them. 

 
One emotional night slinging tequila shots and singing karaoke with the Hawks defenseman turns into more than I bargained for. A wicked hangover, an eviction notice, and a marriage proposal. 
 
If Torsten and I wed, he can fulfill a promise to his grandmother and the debt I'm drowning in will be paid by his trust fund. It's a win-win, an easy and straightforward arrangement between friends. 
 
So what if my friend has piercing blue eyes, a sensual smirk, and a body that occupies my dreams? It shouldn't matter that Torsten understands my past and makes me feel safe. 
 
Except it does. Because if I give my heart to my husband, how will I survive our eventual divorce? 
 
 

 
 








 
 
 
 
Torsten takes a deep breath, stares directly into my eyes, and says, “Marry me.” 
“What?” I gasp. I definitely heard him wrong. That’s it. I’ve officially lost my mind. My wild and reckless has given way to unhinged
Because there is no way in hell that Torsten Hansen, Norwegian sex god, just proposed to me at a corner diner in South Boston.
I blink slowly, trying to regulate my breathing. But when I meet Torsten’s eyes again, he’s still staring at me. His hand is still covering mine. His intensity is still dragging me under like quicksand.
“I think I can help you out, Ri.”
 

 

The Faker is the third title in the Boston Hawks Hockey series featuring Torston and Rielle.  A pair of characters who have both featured in the previous titles in the series. 

Torston and Rielle have a lot in common, starting with the fact that they are both in a sticky situation, and both were raised in wealthy families and have deeply ingrained feelings when it comes to said families.

They embark on a marriage of convenience to help each other out, and what ensues is an engaging and enjoyable read.

Rielle is a strong independent heroine who at times is a little too prideful.

Torston is kind, compassionate and caring.  At heart a caretaker who can be very astute at times.

I enjoyed the cameos from the previous characters in the series, and look forward to future additions to the Boston Hawks Hockey series. 

 
 
#1 The Sweet Talker
 







 
#2 The Risk Taker
 







 
 
COMING SOON
 
#4 The Rule Maker – Releasing June 23
 








#5 The Defender – Releasing August 5
 








#6 The Heart Chaser – Releasing September 27








 

No comments:

Post a Comment