Thursday 7 April 2022

Cease Fire - Marie James

 




Making something off-limits will always make that thing more appealing.

Jules Warren, my sister’s best friend, was no different.

She has been the leading lady in every fantasy I’ve had since I was a teenager.

There was no way I was turning her down when she invited me to her room.

Those fantasies? They had nothing on the real thing.

I was given the weekend to make my dreams come true.

The ramifications, however, will last a lifetime.

Keeping a secret is one thing.

Living with the lies is impossible.

 

https://amzn.to/3IkHAmV



Cease Fire is the ninth title in the Blackbridge Security series and features Jules and Kit.

Kit has had a long-standing love for his older sister’s best friend, and their story oozes with angst, drama, and emotion, but also has touches of humor.

Kit is loyal, loving, tattooed, patient, kind, protective and sexy.  He’s a big-hearted hero who will do anything for those he cares for most.

I struggled to connect with Jules’ character.  She’s dishonest throughout this title, and too manipulative and selfish for my liking, even though I could understand she was affected by trauma from her past.

Despite the fact that their relationship is full of complications and betrayals, their chemistry and connection is undeniable, and their love scenes are incredibly steamy.

Not my favorite of the series, but still an enjoyable read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment