Tuesday 22 January 2019

Overnight Sensation - Sarina Bowen - Review




Everyone knows the girl is off limits. But it's so good to be bad.

There’s this girl... 
Heidi and I have been trading hungry looks all year, and everything she does makes me smile. But I don't do girlfriends, and I certainly can't get involved with the league commissioner's daughter. I need shots on goal, not a hookup and a widely misunderstood paparazzi photo.
Can I resist her, though? The way she teases me should be a game penalty for interference with my libido.  

There’s this guy…
Jason wants me, but he won’t admit it. That man looks at me the way a hockey player eyes the lunch buffet after practice—and I love it. 
But when victory is finally within my grasp, I blow it and humiliate myself. Even then I can’t even avoid him—as the team intern, I’m in constant view of his hard body and cocky smile. 
I need another chance. Jason Castro is about to learn the true meaning of an overnight sensation.

















4.5 Stars

Overnight Sensation is a fun and sweet, forbidden, friends to lovers romance, and the fifth addition to he the Brooklyn Bruisers series.

Heidi is an endearing and quirky character, who happens to be the NHL commissioners daughter. Whilst she may come from an affluent background, and used to being pandered to and spoiled, she's also intelligent, hardworking, resourceful, determined, resilient and fun. For a young woman who's used to getting what she wants, I adored her never give up attitude. She's a very endearing character who is a great blend of feisty, sassy and witty, but also genuine, kind and honest.

Jason Castro is the life of the party, sexy, flirty and charming character, but also unexpectedly vulnerable. Jason is a good guy, protective, and caring, with a past marred by tragedy, that prevents him from forming attachments and relationships.

The chemistry between this pair is palpable, at times it feels like for every two steps forward, then one step back when it comes to their budding relationship and feelings.

I adore the camaraderie, friendships and fun, witty and flirtatious banter that flows throughout each title in this series, not only between the Bruisers players, owners and staff, but also their love interests. I loved Silas, and cannot wait for his story.

No comments:

Post a Comment