Friday 29 January 2021

King of Denial - Jacie Lennon



 ๐‘†โ„Ž๐‘’’๐‘  ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘›’๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘’ … ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘™๐‘ฆ ๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘˜๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ค๐‘  ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘ฆ.


Bodhi
I’m one of the kings at Almadale Prep.
I’m fun, the class clown, the one who doesn’t do serious.
Until I meet her.
Short blonde hair, expressive brown eyes, and a bottom lip that aches to be kissed.
She becomes my everything.
Until her secret destroys us.
Leaving me reckless and spiraling.
In my world, I can have anything … but the girl I love.

Trixie
I’ve got a secret.
One that I have to keep.
But it’s at the expense of the boy who makes my heart flip in my chest every time he flashes that devastating smirk.
He doesn’t understand.
It’s all to keep him safe.
Threats have been made, so I put on a smile and act like the perfect daughter.
Because if I don’t, I know he’ll get hurt.
In my world, I’m a puppet … whose strings are about to snap.






King of Denial is the third title in the Boys of Almadale and features Bohdi and Trixie. 

In the previous books Bodhi was portrayed as the irreverent player, always ready with a joke and the life of the party, but it’s a veneer to hide his deep vulnerabilities and abandonment issues.   Trixie is not the jezebel she’s been portrayed in the previous books, and there’s definitely more to her story than meets the eye.

Both Trixie and Brodie are strong characters with a love story that is both raw and vulnerable.  They are both willing to do anything to keep the other safe, even if it means sacrificing their own happiness.

I loved reading the history of their relationship that has been alluded to in the previous titles. 

I highly recommend the Boys of Almadale series to anyone who enjoys a title packed full of suspense, drama, intrigue and humor with undeniable chemistry.


No comments:

Post a Comment