Wednesday 27 January 2021

The Sweet Talker - Gina Azzi




I’ve sworn off hockey players. Until the pregnancy test turns pink.

 
Noah Scotch is revered in Boston, a veritable god on the ice. I’m a nerdy, newly minted college professor who would rather color code my planner than hit the club scene. Noah shouldn’t look at me twice but when he does, I falter.
 
Who can blame me?
 
The sweet talker with the deliciously chiseled abs and sinful chocolate eyes is a force. On and off the ice. One hot and intense night with Noah has me second guessing my lack of a dating life.
 
Friends with benefits? He offers, I dive in headfirst. Growing up in a hockey family, I know better than to get serious with a player. 
 
But the more time I spend getting to know Noah, the more my intention to keep things casual rings false.
 
Now, I’ve got a hopeful heart and a baby on the way.
 
I just need to tell Noah. But when I do, will I end up with everything I never knew I wanted? Or on my own?
 


PURCHASE LINKS – $3.99 for a limited time!
 
US: https://amzn.to/3bjeyqQ



 
Do I tell her? Just lay it all out? Why the hell not? I’ve never been known to mince words before. “I lied to you.”
She rears back like I startled her and I curse myself for being such an idiot. “About what?”
“I don’t want to be just friends, Indiana. I may be crazy presumptuous right now but the other night…” I trail off, gaging her reaction.
“The other night what?” she whispers, her eyes searching mine.
“The other night was better than great. It was… I can’t stop thinking about it. About you, in my bed, and I want you there again.”
 
 

I love a hockey romance and was intrigued when I read the synopsis for The Sweet Talker.  I haven’t previously read any of Gina Azzi’s work and was captivated by Noah and Indy’s story from the very first chapter.

This title is a friends to lovers, opposites attract, surprise pregnancy, sports romance set in the world of the Boston Hawks hockey team.

Indy is an intelligent and studious college professor, who is focused, driven and passionate.   She was raised in the world of hockey as her father is a former professional player, and after previously dating a player she has no compunction to date one again.

Noah is a player for the Boston Hawks hockey team, and the captain of his team is Indy’s older cousin.  Noah is a charming, sweet, charismatic and sexy hockey player who has been burned in the past and is not looking for a committed relationship but when he’s around Indy the spark’s fly.

The Sweet Talker is a thoroughly enjoyable read with a cast of characters I look forward to seeing more of in future additions to the series.  It’s a sweet story with a touch of angst, and strong themes of family, friendship, and hockey. 


 
#2 The Risk Taker – Releasing March 1
 







 

#3 The Faker – Releasing April 21
 







No comments:

Post a Comment